GITAM GAT 2018 : GITAM Admission Test (GAT) is the entrance exam which Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) conducts to find eligible candidates for admission into the various UG and PG programmes. Institute offers various UG and PG courses in technology and pharmacy. The examination is conducted at the national level and at various centres. Here, all the candidates can get all the essential information about the GAT Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, and important dates.
GITAM GAT 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Date, Pattern
The GITAM Admission Test (GAT) 2018 Admission Process has been initiated by the Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) on its official website – gitam.edu/gat.
Applications are invited from the candidates seeking admissions to Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) programs in the streams of Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy in Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM), Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Visakhapatnam.
GITAM GAT 2018 Exam Date
Here we have mentioned official dates of GITAM GAT examination:
|Offline Application form release||11th November 2017|
|Online Application Release||November 2017|
|Last date to submit the application||26th March 2018|
|Slot booking starts||5th to 8th April 2018|
|Hall ticket release||5th April 2018 onwards|
|Exam date||11th to 26th April 2018|
|Result declaration||30th April 2018|
|Counselling begins||After result announcement|
GITAM GAT Application Form 2018
Candidates can fill the application form via online and offline mode. The offline application has been released now.
- Candidates can get the applications from the selected branches of Union Bank of India, Indian Bank and KarurVysya Bank. Check here to check list of selected branches.
- Students can also obtain application through post by sending a request to Director-Admissions with a DD of required fee.
- Request is made on plain paper giving the candidate’s name with complete mailing address accompanied by demand draft for Rs.150/- drawn in favor of “GITAM University” payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank.
- Request for applications by post will be accepted up to 24th March 2018.
- The online application will be released soon. Link will be provided above on a given time.
- Fill all the required details like personal, academic, address and many others.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph in the prescribed format.
- Candidates can fill the application form till 26th March 2018.
- The application fee will be Rs. 600/- for female candidates and Rs. 1000/- for other candidates.
- The fee payment can be made via online (Net Banking/Debit card/Credit card) or offline (Demanad Draft) mode.
- The DD should be drawn from any scheduled bank made in favor of GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam.
- Candidates, those pay the fee through offline mode, they have to send the hard copy of the filled application along with required documents to the address mentioned below:
Director – Admissions,
GITAM University, Gandhi Nagar Campus,
Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam – 530 045,
Andhra Pradesh, INDIA
Here we are providing the basic eligibility criteria of various UG & PG courses:
For B.Tech/B.Tech (Biotechnology)/B.Pharmacy/B.Arch:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed intermediate or equivalent exam in 2018 or 2017 from any recognized board.
- Subjects: For admission in B.Tech & B.Arch, students should qualify the above examination with PCM subjects. For B.Tech (Biotechnology) & B.Pharmacy, students must pass the above exam with Mathematics/Biology, Physics & Chemistry subjects
- Aggregate: Students must have obtained minimum 60% marks (For B.Tech & B.Tech (Biotechnology)) & 50% marks (For B.Arch & B.Pharmacy).
- For B.Arch, students must qualify in NATA/JEE (Main) examination.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must completed B.Pharm. from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates should pass the above examination with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade.
Note: GPAT qualified candidates are exempted from appearing for GAT (PGP) 2018 examination, however they need to apply to GITAM University for admission before the last date and the candidate has to attend counselling as per the schedule.
- Qualification: Candidates must hold a BE/ B.Tech./AMIE in the relevant area of engineering.
- Percentage Criteria: Candidates must have secured at least 60% marks in the qualifying examination.
Check here M.Tech & M.Arch complete eligibility details.
Note: GATE qualified candidates are exempted from appearing for GAT (PGTA) 2018 examination, however they need to apply to GITAM University for admission before the last date and the candidate has to attend counselling as per the schedule.
GITAM GAT Exam Pattern
Here, we are giving the exam pattern of GAT (UGTP), GAT (PGTA) & GAT (PGP) examination:
- Duration: Exam duration will be two hours.
- Type of Question: Questions will be objective type (multiple choice questions).
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks (for B.Tech) and 3 marks (for M.Tech) will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized in online mode.
Exam Pattern for GAT (UGTP):
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
Exam Pattern for GAT (PGTA):
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
Exam Pattern for GAT (PGP):
|Subject||Number of Question||Total Marks|
|Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance||25||100|
GITAM GAT Syllabus
The syllabus of GAT examination will vary according to the courses opted by the students. For B.Tech, the syllabus will comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. For M.Tech, the syllabus will have topics from Reasoning, Verbal Ability and Quantitative Aptitude. To score better in the examination, you should prepare according to syllabus.
GITAM GAT 2018: Admit Card
In the month of April 2018, all the eligible applicants will get the admit card to appear in the exam. The admit card will be available on the official website of the university. It is crucial for shall the applicants to have their admit card with them at the time of the commencement of the exam otherwise they won’t be able to appear in the exam.
GITAM GAT 2018: Result
After the commencement of the exam, candidates’ result of the examination will be announced. All the candidates will be able to check their result on the official website. As the result is announced, candidates will be called to appear for counselling. Henceforth, after counseling, candidates can take the admission in the institute.