How to Link Aadhaar card with IRCTC Account Online : Aadhaar verified passengers can now book 12 railways tickets a month online. Users can avail the facility of booking up to 12 tickets in a month by linking Aadhaar, the IRCTC’s website stated.
How to Link Aadhaar card with IRCTC Account Online
Link Aadhaar card with IRCTC : Indian Railways has increased the monthly cap on tickets booked on the ICRTC portal from six to 12 for Aadhaar-verified passengers, officials said. The move, which came into effect on October 26, is believed to be an innovative way for the railways to encourage passengers to link their Aadhar numbers to their online booking accounts on IRCTC.
users can book a maximum upto 6 tickets in a one month without linking their Aadhar card details. If the no. of booked tickets crosses the limit of 6, then one of the passengers must should update their valid Aadhaar details. To get booking of more than six tickets, up to 12 users must link their Aadhaar card with the IRCTC account.
According to the website, no Aadhaar verification is required for booking up to 6 tickets in a month. “Verification through Aadhaar is an additional facility in case the user wants to book more than 6 tickets in a month,” IRCTC website stated.
Here’s how you can link your IRCTC account with Aadhaar number:
- Visit IRCTC e-ticketing official website
- After you log in with your ID and password, go to ‘My Profile tab’ at the top right portion of the website
- Go to your profile section, click Aadhaar KYC. You will be directed to a new page
- Enter your unique 12-digit Aadhaar number and click ‘Send OTP’
- Soon, you will receive the Aadhaar OTP for verification on your registered mobile number
- After the OTP verification, your IRCTC will be Aadhaar-verified.
- Soon, after the completion, you will receive a message that “KYC details have been updated successfully”.