Reliance Jio SIM Online Activation Process & Status Verification : Activate Reliance JIO 4g SIM Card for LTE and VoLTE Devices, Reliance Jio 4G Free SIM, Activation, Verification, Unlimited Plan. On successful purchase of the SIM, the user would need to activate it in order to use. In case the applicant of the JIO SIM has Aadhar card, then the eKYC activation process will take 15 minutes only. The individual must carry his/her Aadhaar card when going to the Reliance Digital Store for the JIO SIM card.
- 1 Reliance Jio SIM Online Activation Process & Status Verification
- 1.1 Steps to activate Reliance Jio sim
- 1.1.1 How do I generate Barcode?
- 1.1.2 What is the price of sim card?
- 1.1.3 What is Jio eKYC Process?
- 1.1.4 How to apply for Reliance Jio eKYC activation?
- 1.1.5 How to use Jio sim in iPhone?
- 1.1.6 My sim is not working [Fix]
- 1.1.7 Reliance Jio Not Registered on Network Fix
- 1.1.8 Reliance Jio Not Activated Fix
- 1.1.9 1977 Not Working Fix
- 1.1.10 Incoming & Outgoing Calls are Not Working
- 1.1.11 I got only 2GB data, how to convert it to Unlimited?
- 1.1.12 Jio 2GB Exhausted, Now What?
- 1.1.13 I am not getting 4G speed
- 1.1.14 What is default APN setting for Jio 4G?
- 1.1.15 Why network is not available on my Jio sim?
- 1.1.16 What is Jio Customer Care Number?
- 1.1.17 I want to activate only mobile data, how to do it?
- 1.1.18 Tele-verification Call is not connecting..
- 1.1.19 What is the Time Required for Sim Activation?
- 1.1.20 Is my phone VoLTE Compatible?
- 1.1.21 Jio sim activation delay
- 1.1.22 How to Know My Jio Number?
- 1.1.23 Is it possible to purchase Jio sim card online?
- 1.1.24 Where can I find Jio4GVoice for iPhone?
- 1.1.25 Can I use Jio in 3G Phone?
- 1.1.26 Jio 4G Voice is offline [Fix]
- 1.1.27 All Lines are Busy While Calling
- 1.1.28 Why I’m Getting only 4 GB Data per Day?
- 1.1.29 What is JioNet Wifi?
- 1.1.30 Can I Check My Jio Sim Activation Status Online?
- 1.1.31 Is there any way to activate jio sim online?
- 1.1.32 Can I migrate from Welcome offer to Preview offer?
- 1.1.33 Once I insert Jio in my phone, I can not put any other sim in it. Is it right?
- 1.1.34 How many sim cards are allowed per person?
- 1.1.35 When I call 1977, it says number is already verified
- 1.1.36 Can I Get Number of My Choice?
- 1.1.37 Red sim Vs Blue sim
- 1.1.38 Jio Sim Terms & Conditions You Didn’t Know
- 1.1 Steps to activate Reliance Jio sim
Steps to activate Reliance Jio sim
- If you don’t know how to get free Jio sim, please refer to this article first. All you will need is Aadhar card & barcode. This is called as eKYC process.
- Manual process : If you don’t have Aadhaar card, then you have to carry 2 documents, one for address proof & other for identity proof & 2 passport size photos.
- Do not forget to provide your valid email id at the time of purchase.
- Activation process is completely online.
- Once you receive free sim card, you will get an email from company.
- Follow the steps in the email to activate the sim.
- Receipt of bill will be mailed to you & you will also receive the sms of the same.
- You should receive 2 messages.
- One is of ‘order confirmed’ & other is of ‘sim verification’.
- Unless & until you receive these 2 texts from Jio, you can not proceed further. Keep patience because it might take up to few hours or even days.
- That was all about activation, but now next step is to verify the ownership.
- Make a call on 1977 (toll free) number. Customer care employees might ask you the details in the receipt (which you got in step 6) so keep it in front of you before making call. You also need to enter last 4 digits of Adhar card for verification process.
- If you are not being able to call 1977, please read the FAQ given below. We have given a solution for this problem.
- Jio activation time can vary from few minutes to few hour. You can expect activation delay if there is heavy load on reliance servers.
How do I generate Barcode?
Check this article where we have given complete steps with attached screenshots.
What is the price of sim card?
It’s absolutely free of cost. But I have heard that some dealers are charging up to 500 Rs per sim.
What is Jio eKYC Process?
eKYC is based on Aadhaar card verification of address & identity. It is much faster than manual verification & takes 3-4 hours or even less for Jio activation. Many people have reported that their sim was activated within an hour after eKYC application.
Note : there is no ekyc registration form available nor you can apply for it online. You can only register at physical stores.
How to apply for Reliance Jio eKYC activation?
- Generate offer code in your 4G smartphone.
- Carry original Aadhaar card & offer code.
- Visit nearest Reliance digital store. Now many local retailers are selling it for 50 Rs – 500 Rs. If you don’t want to stand in queue, then go with 2nd option.
- You will be taken through biometric process (finger print verification).
- Then show the barcode in your phone.
- Provide alternate mobile number.
- All the details will be uploaded to Jio by the employees instantly.
- Within few minutes, you will get sms on alternate no regarding order confirmation.
- Wait for 3-4 hours (it may take even longer) & enjoy the free services.
How to use Jio sim in iPhone?
- Generate barcode on any android phone & buy sim using that code.
- When you get a message of tele-verification, put sim inside your iphone.
- It will show no service.
- Go to settings & click on mobile data.
- Now tap on mobile data option & enable LTE (voice only).
- A popup will appear & this time you have to again click on enable LTE option.
- Wait for few seconds & Jio network will start showing on iPhone.
- Go to dialer & call on 1977. Follow the instructions for successful activation of Jio sim.
- Once it gets activated, remove sim card & again insert it in the phone.
- Now again go to settings & turn on mobile data.
- Then click on mobile data option & choose voice & data.
- Open MyJio app & sign up for activating welcome offer.
My sim is not working [Fix]
This means, either you are not getting range or your sim card has not been activated. Just see some of the solutions mentioned below..
Reliance Jio Not Registered on Network Fix
Switch off your phone & insert sim again in primary slot. Restart your phone & choose 4G LTE network for sim slot 1 from settings. Now it should work, if not keep reading this post until you find solution.
Reliance Jio Not Activated Fix
Just call on 1977 to activate sim. But before that, you must use JoinJio app for activation of number.
1977 Not Working Fix
Just follow some simple steps given below :
Put Jio sim in slot 1 > Turn on device > enable mobile data on Jio > Open JioJoin app and grant all permissions > Then use the dialer given in the app itself to call 1977 (make sure your 4G data is on else call will not connect).
Incoming & Outgoing Calls are Not Working
Even though your smartphone is 4G, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it supports VoLTE ( Voice over Long Term Evolution) too. Jio network uses 4G connection to connect calls which drastically improves voice & video calling quality (2 times more than 3G).
Many of our users are facing issues while making incoming & outgoing calls. This means that their phone is not supporting VoLTE at this moment.
So, what’s the solution?
All you can do is use JioJoin (now renamed as Jio4GVoice) for making calls. But you don’t need to worry because this problem will not last longer.
Many smartphone makers are now sending updates for VoLTE support to their customers. For example, recently Micromax rolled out new update to Yu Yureka to fix this issue.
It’s independent of hardware, so if your handset is 4G then just seat back & relax until this update hits your phone.
I got only 2GB data, how to convert it to Unlimited?
Unlimited data is a part of Jio Preview Offer. So to activate it, just download MyJio app from play store & sign in using same number which you have bought from reliance digital store. Now within few seconds, a pop will appear to confirm subscription for Preview Offer. Click on Submit & enjoy unlimited 4G data for complete 90 days.
Jio 2GB Exhausted, Now What?
Many people think that they will get unlimited 4G after consuming 2GB data but it’s not true. Actually, you have to enable ‘welcome/preview offer’ when you have data left on sim.
Even if you have exhausted all data in your account, you can still access My Jio. Just turn on Jio data & open MyJio (you won’t be charged) > click on ‘welcome offer’ popup > Enjoy free net!
I am not getting 4G speed
Make sure you have strong signal strength. Then go to settings & choose ‘prefer mobile data over calling’. Now check your speed. Some samsung models have in built option called ‘download booster’ in ‘more connections & settings’.
Either way, you can try this 5 tricks to increase internet speed by 200%.
What is default APN setting for Jio 4G?
Once you get the range, just switch on mobile data. If you are not getting connected to internet, then something wrong has happened.
Solution is simple! It’s all because of faulty APN settings. Your fix has been elaborated in the following topic :
Why network is not available on my Jio sim?
After switching on phone, if it is not showing any tower/range then here’s how to fix this issue:
- Make sure that you have inserted your sim in primary slot. If you have dual sim 4G support, they you can insert in any port.
- Go to settings > Mobile networks > Access point names
- Choose Jio 4G option from the list.
- You should see the following details. If not, then do manual settings like these:
- APN : jionet
- APN type : Default
- Proxy : Not set
- Port : Not set
- Username : Not set
- Password : Not set
- Now you should have received range!
- Still facing issues, don’t worry. Just visit this guide.
What is Jio Customer Care Number?
For any queries, call on 1800-890-1977. You can use alternate number which you had provided while buying sim card for making a call.
If they are taking too long to respond, then try these alternate methods.
I want to activate only mobile data, how to do it?
Simply call on above mentioned number to opt for this feature.
Tele-verification Call is not connecting..
- Move on to Google play store & download JioJoin app.
- Open it & you will see popup : Do you want to use JioJoin as text messaging app?
- Click on yes & now call 1977 number. That will fix your problem.
What is the Time Required for Sim Activation?
Not more than 5 minutes! Just follow the procedure given above & you will face no problems. Jio sim activation time is estimated to be 1-2 days in case there is heavy demand.
Still have questions? Then comment below & I will get back to you with solution.
Is my phone VoLTE Compatible?
We have got an easy method to find out whether or not your phone supports VoLTE.
Jio sim activation delay
If you haven’t received 2 messages on alternate number within 4-5 days of buying sim, then you need to fix it manually. Either contact the dealer from where you bought sim or call customer care from alternate no.
How to Know My Jio Number?
Try dialing *1# USSD code as it is already working for most of the telecom operators like idea & Aircel.
Is it possible to purchase Jio sim card online?
Yes! Now you can buy jio sim online. Just register on the link given here to get jio at your home.
Where can I find Jio4GVoice for iPhone?
Since your costliest phone has already got VoLTE support, you don’t need to download any extra app. That’s why you will not find it on Apple store too. Use your phone’s default dialer to call 1977 for verification and outgoing calls.
Can I use Jio in 3G Phone?
You can use it in some Mediatek powered android devices. Here is in-depth guide to use this trick.
Jio 4G Voice is offline [Fix]
This problem is coming because you do not have active internet connection. To solve this, just turn on Jio mobile data & then open JioJoin (now called Jio4GVoice). It will 100% work after following above steps.
If you have already done this & still facing same problem then try this fix:
Go to settings & click on ‘applications’. From the list, select Jio4GVoice & tap on ‘permissions’. Grant all the permissions one by one and then you are done! We have dedicated article on this topic here.
All Lines are Busy While Calling
Sometimes it can take upto 7-8 attempts to make a call from Jio to other number. But in most of the cases, fault is not with your Jio sim but with the network to which you are calling.
Recently, Airtel has announced to provide more POI (Points of Interconnection) which will ensure quick call connection with good voice quality.
Why I’m Getting only 4 GB Data per Day?
First of all let me tell you, Jio preview offer & Jio welcome offer are different from each other. Earlier, that is 1 month ago users were getting enrolled for Preview offer. It was giving unlimited data, calling & there was no capping over 4G usage.
On 5th September, users plan were automatically migrated from preview to welcome offer which now gives only 4GB data per day.
Once you cross this limit, speed will not go higher than 128 Kbps! But you can again use 4GB data on next day till 31st December 2016.
So, is there any way to bypass this? Unfortunately No.
But if you are ready to spend 1999 Rs they JioFi is best option. Reliance’s official site promises to give high speed data on JioFi as a part of welcome offer. Means probably there will be no capping over data. If someone of you can confirm this, then please comment below so that everyone can take benefit of this offer.
What is JioNet Wifi?
Have you seen jio plans after 3 months of welcome offer? With each plan, you get some JioNet hotspot data. Many people think that this data can be used on their Jio sim through Mifi router but that isn’t the case.
Reliance has public wifi zones at few places and there you can use this JioNet data.
Can I Check My Jio Sim Activation Status Online?
No you can’t because there is no such system available right now to check live activation.
Is there any way to activate jio sim online?
This authority is only given to Reliance executives so obviously you can not do anything to speed up the process.
Here is small tip from my side : If possible, try to get jio from Digital stores instead of local retailers for fast sim activation.
Can I migrate from Welcome offer to Preview offer?
This is not possible & you have to adjust with 4GB data/day. However, you do get rest of data at 128 Kbps.
Better is to go with JioFi device which gives free data with no capping at all. Here is complete information about JioFi setup, price & plans.
Once I insert Jio in my phone, I can not put any other sim in it. Is it right?
Absolutely wrong! I don’t know who has spread this rumor, but I can’t find any logic here. It is possible that the sim you are using might not work in another phone as it is tied with IMEI number. But you can switch to any other network easily if you don’t want to continue with Jio.
How many sim cards are allowed per person?
There is no official statement regarding this question but I have seen many guys getting multiple sims on their own ID. All you need is different barcode & device each time. If you know rooting, then you can do this with single phone.
Additional info : As per TRAI (telecom regulatory authority of India), an individual should not have 9 sim active simultaneously registered via same ID.
When I call 1977, it says number is already verified
If you have bought sim using eKYC process, then there is no need to call 1977. Just put sim & use it straight away.
Can I Get Number of My Choice?
Since Jio numbers are randomly generated on the spot, there’s no chance to get choice/golden number.
But these feature might be rolled out in coming days.
Red sim Vs Blue sim
There is no difference at all! I have bought 1 sim with red packet & 3 with blue but didn’t noticed any change in activation process.
Jio Sim Terms & Conditions You Didn’t Know
Although Jio plans are lucrative, there is brutal truth & very few are aware of it.
- Welcome offer gives you unlimited data but speed is capped to 128 kbps after 4GB limit.
- Almost all plans provide you some free night data ranging from 200 MB to unlimited GB’s. But there’s a catch! As per Reliance night begins at 2AM & ends at 5AM. If you look at other brands, they are offering night data from 12AM to 6AM.
- Jio has wide range of plans starting from just 19 Rs. But after 30th December, you can not use 19, 129, 299 Rs plans for your first recharge.
I hope, I have answered all the queries related to Jio activation & problems. You can also go through the comments given below to clear doubts.